Please carefully review submission guidelines before contacting Word|Link Literary. You can submit a query letter directly to the agent or to Submissions@Wordlink.us. Works of fiction should be complete. Nonfiction book proposals should be thorough and professional. Before submitting your work, you should be confident that your manuscript is the best that it can be. Word|Link Literary does not provide editorial services.
For query letters:
- First, and we cannot stress this enough: Do not attach files or embed sample chapters into the text of your email, these queries are deleted without response. Attachments are never opened. The ability to follow instructions is a vital part of the process from query letter to published book.
- Put the title of your work in the Subject line. Send your email to the agent you think would be most interested in your work, or submit it to Submissions@Wordlink.us. All queries are reviewed by all agents, but it is best to start with the one you believe would be most interested.
- Please be patient. It can take 2 weeks or more for us to give your query full consideration and respond.
For rights inquiries:
- Put the title of the work, author and "rights query" in the Subject line. Send it to Dan Myers.
- Clearly state what rights you are interested in, the publisher/producer you represent, and your telephone/email contact details.
For general inquiries:
- Identify the nature of your email in the Subject line (i.e. question, request, comment, interview, etc.).
- We endeavor to answer all emails promptly (although query letters can take longer to be properly considered). However, please be advised that certain emails are deleted automatically and will not be responded to. These include:
- Query letters with unrequested attachments or sample chapters embedded into the text of the email.
- Mass emailings.
- Emails that include inflammatory or abusive language.
We look forward to hearing from you.